15 July 2011

What do you say.......

We are excited about the opportunity to utilize a service known as the Red Thread of China.  It is a service for adoptive families to be able to send care packages to their adoptive children as the process of international adoption can be long ! As part of the service this lady, Ann, automatically requests updates and pictures of the children to share with the family.  When I found this out I about fell off of my chair !!! I mean the chance to gain a little glimpse into Jackzhen's world, even though he is miles away, is priceless. I ordered a photo book, which will be filled with our pictures and labeled in Mandarin, as well as a cuddle blanket, and a camera.  The orphanage can use the camera (labeled for him) to capture his life over this process ! I am very fond of pictures *in case you didn't know * haha
So this is a very precious gift they can capture for us.  Another part of the service is a letter.  You can write a 400 word letter to your child and Ann will translate it so that the orphanage staff can read it to your child.  WOW I was floored when I found this out, the only hard part is, what do you say? Do you tell him his new name? *how frightning to a 2 year old * Do you tell him that we can't wait to come and get you? *stranger danger* Do you tell him that............. I played this game all day, and my final conclusion was LOVE ! You just tell him that you love him, so I did... It was the strangest, yet heart felt, letter to write.  I think the last time I took so much time to write something so special was my first letter to my other children.  The times I would stay up late to write in their baby books, I didn't want to miss a thing ! This is how I know that this love God has given me for Jackzhen is divine ! He is our child just as much as these three other blessings are to us! They are each a gift from God and I will cherish each one of them until the day I go home..... Thank you Lord for Love................. night...........

1 comment:

Lisa Westerman Photography said...

Oh Mands...I love this post! It's so amazing to see and hear of the love you already have for Jackzhen. He will be excited to have a home full of LOVE!
I love that I can be on this journey with you....that we can know your thoughts!
Love you!