19 July 2011

We will only love..............

I received an email from Ann, of The Red Thread, last night.  I was hopeful that she would have some new information about Jackzhen, new information was an under statement.  The email read like this.....

Dear Mandy :

First ,I just requested xxxxx's  information for you .

Second ,the orphanage told me that one family supposed to adopt XXXX but gave him up on adoption day in June ,the orphanage staff is still very pity and sad on this part ,they worried that he got hurt on this part too,so it might take longer time for them to share updates and pictures .

Third ,I will suggest you to email me 20 more family pictures ,this way I can make one silk album for XXX,it will be better for the orphanage staff to prepare XXX for you this time ....

How??? that is what I asked her.  How could someone do this.... Why??? Why would they give their heart to a child only to take it back in the end? This poor boy has faced rejection from his birth mom when he was three weeks old, possibly because of a special need that he possesses,  spent almost 3 years of his little life in an orphanage, just to find out that his prospective adoptive family has changed their minds. I requested more information from her.  I wanted to know how much of the situation he knew about.  I was even more saddened to find out that they had, in fact, met him and then decided that "their hearts were not ready for this boy".  I felt totally deflated, I was hoping that the pictures we just sent to him would help prepare his heart and mind for our family, but instead I was fearful that it would instead frighten him from the mess he just endured.  My mind was spinning in so many directions, I was mad and sad just to name a few.  I just couldn't stop crying.... My poor boy, I just want to hold him in my arms and tell him that it will be alright very soon.  I want him to know that we will never abandon him, we will never leave him, we will only love him !

Jason just hugged me and said, it only proves that there really is a reason that this little boy was meant to be in our family! I love him for that, the strong, reassuring voice he has, comforts my heart, and I know it will be ok !
.
I spent all night and day in prayer.  I prayed for Jackzhen's heart to feel love, to feel safe, and to have a peace.  I prayed that the orphanage staff would see our love through our letter and choose to release new information to us.  I am stronger now because of this revelation and ready to blaze through this process, even more than before.  I believe that although sometimes it hurts, everything happens for a reason ! I have to keep my faith strong. I have to trust that God knew this was part of Jackzhen's story and He also knew that one day he would be in our arms! The seeds of sadness may forever mark his heart, but the love of this family will grow stronger and deeper than any circumstance that will ever come his way....



5 comments:

Crystal said...

Tears here dear friend, after reading about your day...Praying for your precious one...and I have two people I want to connect you with...my cousin who adopted a little girl from China a couple years ago...and a close friend, who worked for a Christian agency that did international adoptions...I will send you their info...I think they will be encouragers for you, too! And, I totally agree with Jason...this sweet boy was just meant to be in your family!

Unknown said...

Oh how sad. Poor baby. I'm so glad you all found him and are giving him a forever home. Prayers for all of you, my friend.

Lisa Westerman Photography said...

Oh Mands....
Thats horrible! It will only be a matter of time before the orphanage will come to trust you and Im sure that they will see your letter and heart as genuine.
I will be praying for Jackzhen and the orphanage....and of course, you guys. This will be a rollercoaster sometimes...and it will all be worth it! Jackzhen will know and feel your love soon. He won't know what hit him :)
You guys are amazing....love you lots.
Lisa

Kara Jacobs said...

Jeremiah 29:11..one of my favorite verses through our process. Know that He has plans, for Hope and a Future! Rest in His promises..it will be a weary one, but when you come out on the other side and see exactly what you have walked, sometimes crawled through, you can only sing His praises!!! Such an exciting, yet trying time...BUT He has plans!!! Rejoice in your obedient heart for now, let Him take care of the rest! I love it.. <3 -prayers for strength and endurance Aldrich family! xo

godlyrose said...

God has Jackzhen for you all and you all for Jackzhen. We will just have to pray that the Blood of Jesus covers his memory and only allows the good memories he has of this waiting period to remain and all other memories to be forgotten. God has something special in store for Jackzhen's life and He chose you all to be the ones to nuture this little one.