25 July 2011

Jackzhen's Jar

We thought it would be a good idea for the kids to be a part of raising support in bringing home their brother.  We came up with the idea of Jackzhen's Jar ! I made up a little card to attach to it and the kids helped me tie red "threads" around the top of each jar, as well as some red "threads" in the bottom of it.   I am excited for them to see that every little bit counts ! The kids will be in charge of keeping track of where the jars are, as well as collecting and counting the money that comes from them.  We already have 3 local businesses that have allowed us to place our jars on their counters.  We are also sending one jar each to our older sisters.  Their kids will also be able to be a part of raising support in bringing home their cousin !  This whole process is so amazing to me.  It is awesome to see how many people can be touched by just one little boy.  In the past month I have heard so many people say what a lucky little boy he is, and although I appreciate the kind thought that our family is worthy of loving and providing for this little boy, we truly are the ones that are being blessed by this process.  I am excited to share with him one day all the love that is being exuded, and all, just for him !

2 comments:

Lisa Westerman Photography said...

LOVE IT!!!! You guys are awesome!
Lisa

godlyrose said...

How exciting!!!!! What a great idea!