Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
06 April 2012
Pray for Detours!
3.5 hours to go! I sit here blanketed by a sweet 5 year old! She is the one who was not going to sleep the whole way! The plane is dark, as they try to simulate night time, although because we are following the suns rotation, it never did get dark out! I can watch our planes track on a screen that is mounted to the back of the seat in front of me. It says that we have 3 hours and 23 minutes to go! Considering I am freezing, my backside is numb, and there is no sleep in sight for me, I can't help but daydream about this entire process. My mind immediately goes back to driving down Powell Rd in July of 2010. I will never forget that car ride! I have heard people say time and time again that they heard God speak to them and I could never fully relate, I mean, I believe that no one actually hears him audibly, but instead feeling his holy presence so greatly it is as if He was speaking right in your ear- and that is what I remember on that drive! "What if there's a bigger picture? What if I am missing out? What if there's a greater purpose that I could be living right now!!!". If you have followed our journey to Jackzhen you have heard me quote that song numerous times, but the meaning stays the same from the first time that I heard it! I STILL get chills when it comes on the radio, because it was a life changing moment! My heavenly daddy, sought after me, Mandy!!!, reached down from heaven to speak to my heart! Now, here we sit, 21 months later, half way around the world, to complete the journey that he has laid out before us!!!! Amazing!!! Wasn't I just a photographer, homeschooling mom to three kids, and one handsome husband? Wasn't that enough? I teach a children's church class at my church, surely that is enough? Although my main ministry was the three kiddos of mine, educating them, guiding them, loving them at all times! I was also slowly building a photography business to help here and there with bills and life in general? Wasn't all of that enough? Sure it was! It was enough to fulfill MY plans of what God wanted of me, but definitely not ALL of what He wanted of me! You see through the ministry at church over the past year and a half He has given me a love in my heart for children!!! I use to be the one that would see a child in need of nose wiping, bathroom break, correction, or even love and I would be the first one to show them right where they could go find it! (very spiritual, I know) but now!!! I want to be the one to meet those needs! I love those kids, each one of them! I see deeper into their little eyes. I see a soul that needs a savior, I see a child that needs encouragement, love, a hug! There is a verse in the Luke that says, from everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. .... I can see that now! Just when you think you have enough God says "I will give you the strength for more!" Just when you think life is good, God says "I want better!" Gods way far exceed anything that I can "plan"! Through this process I have learned not to be so regiment about my life, because it really helps the letting go process when He takes you on the big detour! I could go on an on about how Gods hand has been all over this process, but I think I will save that for another post. For now I will just bask in the excitement that 21 months ago he put a song in my heart, a reason in my step, and a little boy in my mind, that has brought our "perfect" family of 5 half way around the world for MORE- 2 hours and 47 minutes to go and our feet will hit the ground fulfilling Gods plan to OUR bigger picture....... WOW!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So very excited for you! We are following your journey with much anticipation.
Thank you for listening and GOING.
By far my favorite blog you have yet to write. Love you and love "HIS" story in your lives :)
Woo-Hoo! God is awesome. I love it when a plan comes together. I love it even MORE when God's plans come together and they are shared for everyone see God's love for us and everyone around us.
Congrats Mandy (and family)! You are loved!
Hugs,
Aundrea (and the Cherry family)
Oh my, I am sitting here reading this post with great tears of joy! I am so happy for you guys. Your expression of God's will for you and your family is heavenly! You are truly gifted with creativity, love and joy. You should write a book (with beautiful) pictures of this journey that you are embarking on. God has and is continuing to Bless you guys. Have fun, embrace this journey and we can't wait to hear all about it.
Lisa L.
To HIM be the glory!! Enjoy this adventure!!
WOW is right! Im so excited for you all....what a journey!
You guys are the perfect family for Jackzhen.....he is soooo blessed, as are YOU!
Love Lisa. W
Thank you so much for sharing!
God is so good to all of us.
Brenda and I will be praying for a smooth transition for all of you plus a safe trip home.
God bless!
Kurt & Brenda Rossbach
SHBC
I LOVE how God works, too!! 9 months to the day?!?! Couldn't plan that if you tried!! SO awesome!! It's just great to be a part of what God is doing and to see His hand, so keep us posted! I can't wait to read the next one!!
Post a Comment