12 April 2012

Jackzhen VS the AMERICAN Toilet

You take for granted how "simple" a toilet is, until you are united with your sweet child who has NEVER SEEN ONE!!!! Jackzhen does great using the potty for "new new" (pee pee in Cantonese).  However, "O-sheee" (poo poo) is terrifying to him! The toilet is up too high to climb on top of and squat like he is use to! If you think that this is getting too personal, you may want to stop reading here HA! I asked our guide Shi Shi about his fear and she said this, "it is normal and it will all work out soon!" WHAT??? of course it will, I wanted to hear a quick fix solution for R-I-G-H-T N-O-W! She then proceeded to tell me that a few years ago, a grown Chinese man, asked her how to use the toilet for "O-sheee"!!!! YES a grown man was confused at this contraption we call a TOILET!!!!  Of course she proceed to show me (not entirely) how she showed him that you can stand on top of a toilet to "squat"!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh there is no modesty left here in China! I think I will leave the visual demonstration to Mason, after all, he was praying for this day too!!! LOL :) Okay bed is calling my name because we have to be at the bus station at 7:30 in the morning, we are headed to WuZhou!!!! xo

2 comments:

Momma/Miggy said...

Thank you for the visual and the hard belly laughing I did with this post. No tears this time, except for laughing to hard. I'm sorry Jackzhen.

Jessica said...

Been there done that lol! Have you had your guide come in and explain it to him in cantonese? The 1st thing we did when we got back to the hotel from picking Cori up was have our guide come with us to the room and explain the western potty to her. She looked like "you want me to WHAT on that?" We had to hold her over the potty for quite a while before she got used to it. Also, keep in mind with all that trauma they sometimes do not poop for the 1st couple of days you have them. it I will come out eventually. when you gotta go you gotta go, lol.