02 February 2013

Is Forever Enough?

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

I have heard this song by the Dixie Chicks numerous times, but tonight it stands out to me.  Maybe because we are in process and my heart is aching to hold my girl, a precious four year old that sits half way around the world who has NO IDEA the multitude of love in my heart for her! But also because I have an affectionate, gracious, passionate, zestful, little boy that sits so perfectly in my arms tonight! Most of the time he accepts my love with no questions! But then there are those days when he requires me to affirm it! He tells me that I will love him forever, in a questioning type of way.  He brings up the days mischief, bad choices, and asks me again if I will love him forever? He reminds me that I will never leave him, never let him down, and always love him! It is a conversation that will break your heart, if you are caught off guard.  But it is an easy conversation to be had, because my reply is ALWAYS the same.  "Jackzhen you could never be so naughty that mommy would EVER stop loving you, God gave you to me, and I DO LOVE YOU, I WILL LOVE YOU, I AM YOUR MOMMY FOREVER!"  Then sometimes I tell him "no no captain hook, you can not take my Jackzhen, go away go away!" he likes that part ♥ 

I can honestly say I was not prepared for these types of conversations a year ago.  But that is okay, God equips you with the tools you need at the time!

I am sure that my Jessa will have her own share of questions and required affirmations! I am ready to remind her, love her, encourage her, and SHOW her what love is....

I hope forever is enough, because I am never going to give them up ♥

No comments: