Jackzhen is obsessed with crosses! That child can make a cross out of any two perpendicular lines, I just love his abstract mind! Every time we see one, I remind him that the cross stands for Jesus dying on the cross so that we can have heaven! It is just a simple answer in order to plant the seed! Tonight before bed, he was admiring the Christmas tree in the boys room! He grabbed a cross ornament and said, "look momma this is a cross, where Jesus died, so we can go to heaven!" I smiled a big smile and said, "yes Jackzhen!!! Mommy asked Jesus into her heart and one day she will go to heaven, I am SO excited about that!". Before I could even finish my sentence, he looks at me with his "Jackzhen-like excitement" and says, "me too, lets pray momma!!!". So we prayed and thanked Jesus for dying for our sins and asked that God would continue to water the seed that was planted in Jackzhen's heart. We thanked God for loving Jackzhen and giving him to us, Amen! I told him that it was his turn to pray. Thinking that he would probably just pray for his usual, mommy and daddy, the kids, for jessa, and to please keep him safe, we proceeded. Now here is where the reason for this particular blog entry happened!!! He seriously leaves me in wonderment almost daily!
Dear God, for mommy and daddy, and thank you for Jesus dying on the cross so we can go to heaven, and thank you for the cross and the cross, and thank you for the cross, and for "all these kids" AMEN!
I often pray in front of Jackzhen and say, "thank you Lord for letting me be the mommy to all of these kids!". Jackzhen likes to quote that line most days, I don't think he knows he is one "of these kids" :) After his prayer, I of course started crying! He just starred at me! Poor kid still isn't use to how often this mommy's eyes water!!! He then said, "it is your turn to pray mommy, no crying mommy, just pray!" So I did! I thanked God for this amazing boy, that has been through so much, yet continues to persevere as if he has been in this family since day one! I thanked God for letting me parent such a neat kid! I have said it before, but I can.not.wait to see what God has in store for my Jackzhen. He is so intelligent, inquisitive, thoughtful, and just plan neat!
1 comment:
Now you've got my eyes watering. Such a sweet boy in such a great family! Have a wonderful week!!
Post a Comment