29 December 2012

Quack Quack....

It was a good day.  The kids, my mom, and I had lunch at our favorite little cafe, The Rising Sun, in Brooksville.  We visited a local farmer for our veggies before heading home.  The kids were jamming to Toby Mac, as I attempted to have a conversation with my mom.  That is when I heard the DUCK QUACK!!!! My heart started beating VERY fast as I looked for my phone! The duck quack is a special ring that I have set for my agency and social worker, Kelsey!!! I was hoping that she wasn't just calling me to ask where I got my favorite boots ;)  In the 6 seconds that it took me to answer the phone I thought, "surely it can't be her saying that she has my LOA, it is only day 38, but it is 4 weeks since we were out of translation, and that is the time frame that it could be!"......... All of that and "watch the road Mandy, you are driving!!!".  The first thing out of her mouth was, quack quack! Very funny Kelsey. :) She then continued on with, "guess what I got in the mail???".  I screamed - SERIOUSLY???".  I was completely taken back by the phone call! I was hoping it would come sooner than normal because last time we waited a grueling 89 days.  It was torture!!! But now that it actually did come early, I could not be still or let alone BREATHE!!!!  Kelsey is the neatest social worker in the WORLD - she seriously has a heart for her families and these children that she places and advocates for! I just adore her.  She is also exceptionally awesome because she let me scream in her ear, for 5 minutes!

The LOA is the big approval from China.  It is the long "doozie of a wait", that makes every adoptive parent go a little stir crazy! If you look to the right of the blog you can see our timeline! It also shows you how quickly we went from LOA to travel during Jackzhen's adoption! It is about 2-2.5 months away now! I can't believe it! So many things are running through this brain.  Normal things like, we need another car seat,  she needs a bed, do we have enough clothes for this princess??? Then panicky things like, we have to find some toddler carriers because we are bringing 5 kids to China, (YES WE ARE NUTS!!!) I have to focus completely on SCHOOL, I have to find the right unit study for the great wall, OH MY...................  I wouldn't trade this chaos running through my mind for anything - It was my dream to start the new year with an LOA and my prayers have been answered!

2013 is going to be an amazing year! I can't wait to get started on it!!!! 
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :) :) 

We are coming Jessa - we are COMING!!!! ♥

Our moment of sharing the LOA news with daddy! Love his response of "that is crazy!!! I have to start saving, don't buy any food!!!"  hahahaha :)

No comments: