26 January 2012

The Best Surprise EVER!!!

We sent a box to Jackzhen in October. In the box were colored pencils, canvas coloring boards, and a few other goodies for him! We also sent a letter thanking them for taking such good care of our son and asking them to send us some of his art work! We included a self addressed stamped envelope as well. Ann, from the Red Thread, delivered our package to the orphanage. She did inform me that there was a good chance that we would not receive anything. It is not typical of orphanages to respond to families like that due to lack of time, staff, and probably even desire :( - but none the less we gave it a go! To be honest, after December I forgot about the box because it had been two months with no word. Well today I met Jason to drop the kids off with him and he had a surprise for us!!! It was a package and the sender was Zhen Qiu Wu - JACKZHEN!!!!
Oh my word, were we thrilled!!!
Attached are the pictures of our happy gift!!!
 


Thank you Lord for these small glimpses of you this week - I am so thankful that your timing is so perfect! We will wait on you and be glad in it!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm tearing up here. That is so awesome!!

Cyndi said...

Love it! Glad I didn't wear mascara this morning :)

Afamily4Him said...

They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a gift!

Tera said...

Wow!! Artwork?! How amazing that they wrote you out a letter! (sweetgirls on RQ)

Jessica said...

lol, I just saw that Diane Downing reposted a no hands but ours link you posted so I was looking at your fb age and friend requested you... then went on dramqueen... I mean rumorqueen (hate that site, but it's like a car wreck, have to look) and saw your sweet little boys picture by a comment you made and ended up here at your blog!

I wish you all the best in your adoption journey. We brought our 2nd daughter home (1st from China though) 8 months ago.

I also run the Tampa Bay International Adoptive Families group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TBIAF/

Jessica said...

by the way WOW! That is amazing. it is very rare (because it is actually against hague rules) to get communication directly from an orphanage like that before you adopt your child!

Those little surprises during the wait make it so much easier (at least for a few days lol). We had our agency request video of our daughter when we were waiting and never expected to get it... then we got a cd with 6 clips of her playing with her foster mom!

Jessica said...

Ok so not to be a blog hog. I just realized your son is from less that 100 miles from where my daughter is from. She is from Yulin, GuangXi, which is just SW of Wuzhou.