23 February 2015

First time around, for the third time around....

We felt very blessed to work with our wonderful agency and China Rep. Kelsey Melvin from Faith International for our last two adoptions. It certainly was a bittersweet departure this time, but considering our little guy had a partnership with another agency, it was a must.  I completely trust that He works all things together for good and we are happy with our new agency so far.  However, with new also comes new ways to do things! So when I found out that authenticating my documents was something I could do, or pay to have done, I obviously chose to do them myself.  Feeling quite confident I could handle this menial task, I pressed on! Well, that was until our homestudy was done and ready to move on to the next stage of this document game! I found myself gathering documents and I started sweating bullets that I would mess something up! I checked and rechecked my notary stamps and dates, and all looks well, so I called to see how the whole process works!

Lady: Hello, authenticating department! How can I help you?
Mandy: Hi I was hoping to get some information about how the walk in process works?
Lady: Uhhh well you just walk in!
Mandy: Oh ok, well, what should I bring?
Lady: Your notarized documents!
Mandy: Oh ok, well, it is same day turn around correct? Should I be there by a certain time?
Lady: Well, we close at 5!
Mandy: So if we get there at 11 or 12 is that okay?
Landy: As long as you are here between 8-5, we will do them for you!
Mandy: Is there a place online that will tell me what I need and the costs?
Lady: Well, you just need your documents and a check!
Mandy: Oh ok, Am I overthinking this?
Lady: Yes ma'am you are!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA :) Ok, thanks have a good day nice lady :)

So off we go, tomorrow, with our documents and a check! sighhhhhhhhhh :)

No comments: