I questioned the overage a few more times as we had to move RAMEN NOODLES out of the way to get to anything else in my "momma carry on bag"!
But we made it to Beijing and really didn't think about it again, until Saturday morning! Jason was cleaning out the bag as we prepared for travel to Tianjin when he finds the CULPRIT!
Side story - you see the suitcase was new, because as we were walking out the door to leave for the airport the original suitcase broke! On the way to the airport, we stopped off at Ross for an el cheap O one. It was ugly, violet, and clearanced, it was perfect! LOL We stuck all of our things in the new one, zipped it up, and that was that!
Well it all made sense on Saturday. Seems that some numb skull knucklehead stuck a steering wheel cover down inside the zipper pouch of the suitcase, A SEVEN POUND STEERING WHEEL COVER TO BE EXACT! That thing was heavy, gaudy, and so totally RIDICULOUS THAT IT WAS IN MY SUITCASE HEADING TO CHINA!!!!
All we could do is laugh. I laughed even harder when I realized that the odd round dirt mark that was made on the front of the suitcase, was in fact NOT from rubbing up against a tire on the tarmac! It was from the steering wheel cover INSIDE of my suitcase!!!
I am not one to let things die very easily, so when my husband suggested that we leave it behind in the last hotel, I found a better solution! Let's give it to our driver in Beijing hahahaha, and so we did! Mr Roy is now the proud owner of a stolen steering wheel cover from Ross in Tampa! I wasn't surprised that Mr Roy didn't use the cover at all, I told the kids he would probably sell it! I mean, after all, it is not every day you get a gaudy steering wheel cover from the USA! (yes it was) I insisted that he take a picture with me and the cover, he thanked me 3 times in Mandarin, I think I made his WHOLE day :)
So that is that! We were bamboozled by a kindygartner, and had a good laugh in China! Good Stuff!



No comments:
Post a Comment