Finally on the plane home! It took seven months of praying, paperwork, and plane rides to get to this point! I am reflecting on our trip with a sleeping baby girl on my lap! There were times it felt like we were on vacation and not an adoption journey. I am thankful sooo very thankful that sweet little miss has bonded so well with our family. She wakes each morning and the first thing out of her mouth is "mama!" I feel like she says it as a affirmation of, this is real right? So much has changed in our world these last 9 days, including her forever! I am sad for the culture and language that she is leaving behind. However, I find joy in the faces of the people here! The ones that stop us to count our kids, with smiles that we weren't forced to only have one child! I also find a sense of peace in their happiness! They thank us, people we have never met, thank us for giving a new life to these two Asian born children of ours! They know that their future in China and also in an orphanage is dim, hopeless, and so very limited! I am in awe of the fact that Zhao Zhao sat for 4.5 years on the shared list! This amazing little girl, overlooked by so many! I am thankful that we were the family chosen for her! I am excited to watch this little ray of sunshine grow and develop into the awesome little person she was designed to be!

3 comments:
How could anyone overlook this precious-smiling child.
Their loss, this families gain.
Love you Jessa Zhao Zhao.
Love this photo! Congratulations!
Congratulations!!! So exciting!!!
Post a Comment