28 January 2013

Soooooooooo

My morning devotion was on Psalm 105 and said this, "Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness.  Let the whole world know what he has done.  Sing to him; yes, sing his praises.  Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds.  And also Colossians 3, " And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts.  For as members of one body you are called to live in peace.  And always be thankful!"

 WHOA- talk about speaking right to you from heaven kind of moments! I have been bogged down with the "should have been syndrome".  I have a timeline in my head and this process is not meeting my standards.  I needed a "hold your horses" kind of moment and it has arrived!  For whatever reason our I800 application, which is the "Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative", has taken 4 weeks from start to finish and it usually takes about 2.  Although that is not a big deal to most of you reading this, it is a big deal to those in this painfully long process! If I was not such a busy mama, I think I would seriously consider taking up the cause to shed the light on what a waste of time this I800 process is! No, not just for me :) But the entire process is very redundant and completely archaic! But I have much more exciting things to look forward to, so I will just happily leave that step of this process in the dust!!!

So we finally have our Guangzhou number and we will hopefully be cabled tomorrow! I could go on and on with what comes next and when I think we could leave, etc.  But I am remebering my, "wake up dummy" moment from this morning, and choosing to allow peace to rule in my heart! Living in the future steals the joy of NOW and I don't want to live like that anymore! I want to praise my God for his greatness, even when the ways are not mine! God is good, all the time!

He knows the day when we will see her face for the first time.  I am confident in that day, because it is orchestrated by him.  Regardless of the earthly circumstances that I endure,  that day is meant to be, and I happy about that!

Soon my baby girl, SOON♥

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Thought of you today as I listened to Watermark's song "Peace". Praying for you!

The Aldrich Family said...

Thank you Stacy! I appreciate those prayers!!! I think I logged off of FB before you responded, so email me your number!! :)