This weekend is off to a great start!!! I have been so encouraged by amazing people lately! I met a sister in Christ who is adopting a little girl from, you'll never guess, THE SOCIAL WELFARE INSTITUTE OF WUZHOU CITY!!!! Yes the same orphanage that Jackzhen is in! We had an awesome converstaion tonight and she shared a ton of resources with me - I never knew they existed!!! Thank you Lord for Alisa!!! The first was a Chinese website and also how to articulate the search for his find ad. It only took 10 minutes but I found it!
I had to take a deep breath before I read it.... I mean, until now, I have just accepted that he was abandoned... But reading his find ad would tell me where he was left, it was a puzzle piece and a visual to the start of his little life... This is what I found....
2008年9月25日在梧州市河东客车站候车室捡拾到一名男婴,2008年9月4日出生(估),入院时姓名不详,福利院取名:吴振秋。
September 25, 2008 in Wuzhou City, east bus station waiting room to pick up a baby boy, September 4, 2008 born (estimated), admission unnamed, orphanage named: Wuzhen Qiu
The waiting room at a bus station.... To some this may seem so cruel - but honestly I think it tells a much bigger story... You see Jackzhen was left when he was 3 weeks old - that means he spent the first three weeks of his life with his birth mom. My new outlook is this; I believe that he was cared for and loved, for three weeks... A lot of newborns are abandoned immediately after birth, with their umbilical cord still attached, most don't make it through the first month of life. But there was a reason that he was 3 weeks old when he was left by his birth mother. Wuzhou is a very impoverished region of China. It is a very mountainous and there are a lot of poor farm workers that live there. She could have very easily left him in a field, but I think she chose a place that was warm, indoors, and highly populated by people, because she truly cared for him. There are stories of babies being left in gas stations, alleys, and sadly even dumpsters, I am thankful for a bus station...........
One day we will have to answer tough questions for Jackzhen and today was a revelation to the story we will share with him, then........
No comments:
Post a Comment