12 September 2012

His "first" birthday celebration!

Jackzhen turned 4 on the 4th and we decided months ago to celebrate in a BIG way! What better way to celebrate big then at DISNEY WORLD! We took our little guy to the Magic Kingdom for 3 days.  It was a perfect way to make memories as a family.  He thoroughly enjoyed the park, rides, characters, (except EYORE, HA).  I say he liked the rides, but what I must add is that he didn't care for It's a Small World! Yes, folks you read that right! We took him on Thunder Mountain twice, but he had no interest in a second time of puppets starring, without blinking, singing a song over and over and over and over,  again!!!!!!!!!!!  I guess after writing that description, I kind of get it now! :)

He has made so much progress over these past 5 months home.  He speaks so clearly and understands 90% of what we say.  He has favorite toys and TV shows.  He loves his Diego place mat, which he gets before every meal, along with his favorite chair.  He obsesses over Cheerios for breakfast and chicken for every other meal! I love watching a new part of him unfold every day. 
Another aspect of Jackzhen is his occupational therapy, which we attend once a week.  He has mastered 4 out of 12 steps in his arm strength, in just three months.  The therapist is very pleased with his progress and sees no reason why he won't have more use of his arm one day!

This stuff sounds great and normal, right? That is what I think most days.  Then there are days when I sit back and reflect on his life.  I remember how he spent three years of his life in an orphanage and trapped under the same routine of life.  I think about how in a whirlwind, one April morning, his life as he knew it changed completely.  That in itself is enough to send the average person on shut down for a while, but not Jackzhen! He has never shed a tear for the life he knew, he has never looked back! I am amazed! There is a healthy side of grieving, it helps you move on and adjust to the new.  I am not saying that Jackzhen has never grieved, he just didn't do it in a typical way.  People that want to hear Jackzhen's story ask me the question, "how did he adjust so well?" I tell them his story and then I am very quick to inform them that his adjustment is not typical! I love that I can share with them how prayer works! We covered our process, for 9 long months, in prayer.  We prayed daily that Jackzhen would know us, like us, and bond with us.  We prayed that he would dream about us at night and that he would have love during the day by those around him.  We prayed for that little boy a minimum of 5 times a day, and I am thrilled to share, GOD HEARD OUR PRAYERS!  He really is a gift to us and we couldn't be more elated to share the rest of his life with him!

Jackzhen's favorite thing to say is a quote from his favorite show, Kai Lan.  He says "Jackzhen looooooooves ___________" and then he inserts whatever is on his mind! It brings tears to my eyes when he fills my name in that blank!  He often says Jackzhen looooooooooves a momma! And I love you too little boy, forever, to the moon and back, forever!




 









 
 


2 comments:

Tera said...

So glad he had such a special birthday!!

Unknown said...

Precious post! He is so blessed God led your family to him...and visa versa!